7 Interesting Skin Facts You Never Knew
In this quick 1 minute read, I share 7 things you never knew about skin ...
1. Skin is the largest organ in the human body with up to seven layers of ectodermal tissue that guards the underlying muscles, bones, ligaments and internal organs.
2. If you rub a clove of garlic on to the sole of your foot, then within a couple of hours the garlic will smell on your breath and skin!
3. Your skin is super absorbent and porous, absorbing whatever you put on it, including chemicals, beauty cosmetics and pharmaceutical products.
4. Hormones affect your skin, hence why teenagers (and women in menopause) tend to get spots. Age-related hormonal changes can make skin more oily and prone to breakouts.
5. A bad diet will smell through your skin. Junk foods lack chlorophyll that acts as a body deodorizer and cleanser, neutralizing bacteria that causes body odor.
6. There is an astounding 19 million cells in one inch of skin, 625 sweat glands, 90 oil glands, 19,000 sensory cells, 20 feet of blood vessels and 65 hairs.
7. Vegetable-based oils are absorbed into the skin to heal and repair, whereas mineral oils only sit on the top of the skin, clogging pores and suffocating skin.
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published